Access is granted to the patient database for research purposes, but only if the data are used and protected in accordance with the terms and conditions stated in this License. It is hereby agreed between the data requestor, hereinafter referred to as the "LICENSEE", and the data sharers, that:
- The LICENSEE will not share access to the data with anyone else.
- The LICENSEE will exercise all reasonable and prudent care to maintain the physical and electronic security of the data.
- The LICENSEE will use the data for the sole purpose of lawful use in scientific research.
- The LICENSEE will not attempt to identify any individual referenced in the data.
- The LICENSEE will exercise all reasonable and prudent care to avoid disclosure of the identity of any individual referenced in data in any publication or other communication.
- If the LICENSEE finds information within data that he or she believes might permit the identification of any individual or institution, the LICENSEE will report the location of this information promptly by email to email@example.com citing the location of the specific information in question.
- The LICENSEE agrees to share any code associated with publications arising from this data on a public code repository, preferably a repository named in the project description.
- The LICENSEE will be responsible for ensuring that he or she maintains up to date certification of training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) according to ICH-GCP international guidelines. Training in GCP may be achieved through a class or course, academic training program, or certification from a recognized clinical research professional organization.
- This agreement may be terminated by either party at any time, but the LICENSEE's obligations with respect to the data shall continue after termination.
The data are provided without any warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. In no event shall the data sharers be liable for any claim, damages or other liability arising from, out of or in connection with the data or the use or other dealing with the data.