The PhysioNet Restricted Health Data License
Copyright (c) 2020 MIT Laboratory for Computational Physiology
The MIT Laboratory for Computational Physiology (MIT-LCP) wishes to make data available for research and educational purposes to qualified requestors, but only if the data are used and protected in accordance with the terms and conditions stated in this License.
It is hereby agreed between the data requestor, hereinafter referred to as the "LICENSEE", and MIT-LCP, that:
- The LICENSEE will not attempt to identify any individual or institution referenced in PhysioNet restricted data.
- The LICENSEE will exercise all reasonable and prudent care to avoid disclosure of the identity of any individual or institution referenced in PhysioNet restricted data in any publication or other communication.
- The LICENSEE will not share access to PhysioNet restricted data with anyone else.
- The LICENSEE will exercise all reasonable and prudent care to maintain the physical and electronic security of PhysioNet restricted data.
- If the LICENSEE finds information within PhysioNet restricted data that he or she believes might permit identification of any individual or institution, the LICENSEE will report the location of this information promptly by email to PHIemail@example.com, citing the location of the specific information in question.
- The LICENSEE will use the data for the sole purpose of lawful use in scientific research and no other.
- The LICENSEE agrees to contribute code associated with publications arising from this data to a repository that is open to the research community.
- This agreement may be terminated by either party at any time, but the LICENSEE's obligations with respect to PhysioNet data shall continue after termination.
THE DATA ARE PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE DATA OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE DATA.